HOOFDDORP, The Netherlands - Monday, September 19th 2016 [ME NewsWire]
(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Bioventus, a leader in orthobiologic solutions, today announced the launch of its EXOGEN Ultrasound Bone Healing System in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. EXOGEN uses safe, effective low-intensity pulsed ultrasound to help stimulate the body’s natural healing process.1 It also has an 86% heal rate for fractures not healing on their own2 and provides 38% faster healing of fresh fractures.3,4 In addition, 89% of patients with high-energy fractures reported healing when treated with EXOGEN.5
“This announcement marks another milestone as Bioventus continues expanding to international markets and growing its global footprint in orthobiologics,” said Tony Bihl, CEO Bioventus. “ZIMMO, which has more than 40 years of experience serving the healthcare sector in the region, is working with us to distribute EXOGEN.”
“Earlier this spring a team from Bioventus that included representatives from sales and marketing and medical science experts and consultant, visited Riyadh and Jeddah and, trained more than 30 surgeons and key opinion leaders on how to use EXOGEN with patients for both fresh fractures and non-unions,” said Andrew Hosmer, Managing Director International, for Europe, Middle East and Africa, Bioventus. “In addition, this move further grows our relationship with ZIMMO as the company also distributes DUROLANE®, our single injection hyaluronic acid osteoarthritis product.”
EXOGEN is available in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia now and more information can be found at www.exogen.com.
Bioventus is an orthobiologics company that delivers clinically proven, cost-effective products that help people heal quickly and safely. Its mission is to make a difference by helping patients resume and enjoy active lives. Bioventus has two product portfolios for orthobiologics, Bioventus Active Healing Therapies and Bioventus Surgical that make it a global leader in active orthopaedic healing. Built on a commitment to high quality standards, evidence-based medicine and strong ethical behavior, Bioventus is a trusted partner for physicians worldwide.
For more information, visit www.BioventusGlobal.com and follow the company on Twitter @Bioventusglobal.
Bioventus, the Bioventus logo and EXOGEN are registered trademarks of Bioventus LLC. DUROLANE is a registered trademark of Galderma.
EXOGEN – Indications for use in the Middle East.
EXOGEN Ultrasound Bone Healing System is indicated for the non-invasive treatment of osseous defects (excluding vertebra and skull) that includes:
• Treatment of delayed unions and non-unions†
• Accelerating the time to heal of fresh fractures
• Treatment of stress fractures
• Accelerating repair following osteotomy
• Accelerating repair in bone transport procedures
• Accelerating repair in distraction osteogenesis procedures
• Treatment of joint fusion
† A non-union is considered to be established when the fracture site shows no visibly progressive signs of healing.
There are no known contraindications to the use of EXOGEN.
1. Azuma Y, Ito M, Harada Y, Takagi H, Ohta T, Jingushi S. Low-intensity pulsed ultrasound accelerates rat femoral fracture healing by acting on the various cellular reactions in the fracture callus. J Bone Miner Res. 2001; 16(4):671-680.
2. Nolte PA, van der Krans A, Patka P, Janssen IM, Ryaby JP, Albers GH Low-intensity pulsed ultrasound in the treatment of non-unions. J Trauma. 2001; 51(4):693−703.
3. Heckman JD, Ryaby JP, McCabe J, Frey JJ, Kilcoyne RF Acceleration of tibial fracture-healing by non-invasive, low intensity pulsed ultrasound. J Bone Joint Surge [Am].
4. Kristiansen TK, Ryaby JP, McCabe J, Frey JJ, Roe LR Accelerated healing of distal radial fractures with the use of specific, low-intensity ultrasound. A multicenter, prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled study. J Bone Joint Surg [Am]. 1997; 79(7):961−973.
5. Lerner A, Stein H, Soudry M. Compound high-energy limb fractures with delayed union: our experience with adjuvant ultrasound stimulation (EXOGEN). Ultrasonics. 2004; 42(1):915-917.
+31 (0)23 554 88 14