ISTANBUL - Wednesday, August 10th 2016 [ME NewsWire]
- Two months to go until the world’s largest and most influential energy event
- 261 Speakers from 84 Countries, including 48 Ministers
The 23rd Energy Congress will be a critical juncture in shaping the future of the global energy landscape at a time when the industry is at a crucial transition. The Congress is established as the most influential and inclusive gathering of senior leaders from all segments of the energy community.
The range of players signed up from across the energy spectrum include international exhibitors such as Saudi Aramco, Sonatrach, ITER, Engie and Qatar Petroleum, while industry speakers include Rachel Kyte, from the global Sustainable Energy for All initiative, Bob Dudley, BP CEO, Alexey Miller, Gazprom Chairman of the Management Board and Steve Bolze, GE Senior Vice President and CEO, Power and Water. EDF was confirmed last week as the latest silver sponsor of the event.
CNN is also confirmed as the event’s international broadcast partner, while Turkish official wire Anadolu Agency will be the global communication partner of this significant event. CNBC had already signed up as the international business media partner.
The four-day programme leads delegates through the critical issues facing the energy industry under the theme “Embracing New Frontiers”:
- Monday 10th October – Vision and scenarios for the future of the global energy system, an exploration of the most dynamic areas and game-changers shaping the energy of tomorrow.
- Tuesday 11th October – Business and resource management opportunities, ways to respond to the new challenges of adaptation and innovation to ensure a secure and reliable energy system.
- Wednesday 12th October – Policy solutions to secure prosperity and address the necessary institutional change to balance the World Energy Trilemma.
- Thursday 13th October – Africa: Securing a sustainable energy future, exploring the critical drivers and innovations to secure a sustainable energy future for the region.
“Turkey is positioned at the crossroads of the most important energy markets at a time of profound global change, which makes it a good base for the event. Preparations for the Congress are progressing well and all necessary precautions are being taken to ensure that it runs smoothly and securely.”
Register as a delegate via: https://secure.eventmagix.com/2016_wec_media/ to hear from world energy leaders – from industry, governments and international organisations as well as the media, universities and energy industry associations.
ABOUT THE WORLD ENERGY CONGRESS
The triennial World Energy Congress is the World Energy Council’s global flagship event, is the premier international, multi-energy forum for participants to better understand energy issues and solutions from a global perspective.
The World Energy Congress has gained recognition since the first event in 1923 as the premier global forum for leaders and thinkers to debate solutions to energy issues. In addition to the discussions, the event provides an opportunity for executives to display their technologies and explore business opportunities.
For more information about the World Energy Congress 2016 and to register, visit: http://www.wec2016istanbul.org.tr/
Follow the Congress at @WECongress for regular updates.
ContactsGrayling for World Energy Congress